Asham / Westdown Quarry – Grid reference ST717456, is situated SW of Chantry, and Chantry stream runs through it. It is best known as a film location for Doctor Who. In 1948 Bradgate Granite Quarries Ltd was the operator. In 1966 the Redland Group took over and eventually modernised the operation in 1970 by installing the 3rd largest stone crusher on Mendip. Permission was granted to quarry an extra 170 acres including Asham Wood. Output was good so an asphalt plant was established. Redland and Hoveringham (now Lafarge Tarmac) amalgamated to form RH Roadstone Ltd to run Westdown and Asham as one unit. It was the largest permitted reserve on Mendip at 800 acres. Having failed to get a connection with the Waterlip rail system the operation was put on hold. It was acquired by Hanson in 1985 who keep it as a potential reserve after Whatley Quarry has expired. Asham Woods is a SSSI and will be protected from further quarrying.